Educate a Girl, Change the World
1. We support girls access to a quality education
There are over 6,400 girls in Cotton On supported schools benefiting from the following programs:
- Menstrual health education and free pads
- Sanitation facilities – clean toilets and washrooms in schools
- Wellbeing team to identify girls at risk
- In-school counselling in secondary school
2. We create safe supported health services for pregnant mothers in Uganda
- Antenatal care services in Uganda
- Safe birthing with the support of qualified midwives
- Immunisation program
- Nutrition education for breastfeeding mothers
3. We use our voice for change and amplify the voice of women and girls around the world
Last year, we partnered with Girl Up! to raise AUD $1 million to hold Uganda’s first Girl Up Leadership Summit, and continue our programs that help keep girls in school!
The partnership kicked off with the announcement of the campaign in New York City at the 2019 Social Good Summit. Over the course of three weeks across September and October, an exclusive range of Girl Up t-shirts and tote bags were sold in Cotton On stores all over Australia. As well as fundraising, supporters were encouraged to pick a pledge close to their heart; to support the increased distribution of the sanitary pads; scholarships in Uganda; and for the Girl Up leadership summit in Uganda.
Stay Up to date
We'll keep you posted on all things projects, products and news.